The Spokesman-Review : interns

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Carrie Howell: Indiana to Spokane

When I first accepted an internship in Washington, I did not fully understand what a huge and amazing decision I had made. I packed my tiny Alero six days after graduation and headed to Spokane. Despite the four-day drive across the country and leaving everything familiar, I made the best choice to be a design intern in Spokane. The mountains replaced the cornfields and cattle I used to see. The humidity was finally gone, and I got to enjoy the beautiful Northwest!

I have been here almost three months, and I start front page training tonight. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Since The Spokesman-Review is a larger newspaper, I will have to learn how to zone certain stories and switch to news design. However, my design director has been helpful in letting me test my skills in all areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
How other readers got hereViewer details